This page lists many ways that you can help build Our Power. To discuss these further, please call us at (612) 548-1333 or email email@example.com. You can also sign up for or request more information about any of these opportunities on page 5 of the “Take Action Form”
Some things you could do:
- Donate! Just click the link on the side-bar (at right) to donate online, or mail a check addressed to “Grand Aspirations” with “MN Our Power” in the memo to “3100 Longfellow Ave. Minneapolis, MN 55407”. Donations are tax deductible through Grand Aspirations, a non-profit organization.
- Find Work! Job creation through the campaign is still in the growing stages, but based on your skills and interests, there may be coalition partners interested in hiring – contact us. Paid or for-credit internship for youth are available for the summer: please check out our current Summer Internship Program.
- Create a local energy business. If you’re existing or new businesses is seeking to provide quality and locally-relevant energy services, contact us!
- Invest! Opportunities to invest in local energy solutions and get a return are still being developed, but contact us if it is of interest.
- Join an Our Power Team – these volunteer teams are helping grow Our power:
- Advisory Board – representative guiding body directs the campaign from a high level – meets every three months
- Community Energy Plan Team – reviews, refines, and revises the community energy plan that Our Power is working to advance and implement with guidance from the Advisory Board
- Campaign Coordination Team – small, regular, high-work-load group does management and oversight of Outreach Team, Service Provider Team, project groups, and other day-to-day campaign activity
- Outreach Team – large group – great place for infrequent volunteers – does door-knocking, tabling, community meetings, and other forms of outreach to engage people in the campaign
- Service Provider Team – small focused group with energy expertise – builds and manages relationships with non-profit, public, and for-profit providers of energy services
- Workforce/ Community Benefit Agreement Team – small focused group with economic development expertise – works to ensure that job creation and business opportunities generated through Our Power provide opportunities for local people
- Investment Team – small focused group with financial expertise – develops methods and strategies for securing investment in Our Power projects, including community investment opportunities
- Project Teams – focused teams of community members and service providers focused on specific community energy projects. Current project teams include one focused on energy-saving workshops for non-English speakers in East Phillips, a business efficiency project for Latino-owned businesses, an insulation bulk buying project, and a cooperative solar project. New project teams can be started based on interest.
Visit the Our Power page on Facebook to find out about upcoming events. This Saturday, March 16, 2013, from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM we are hosting a Midtown Neighborhood Energy Party in
Midtown Global Market basement meeting room. There will be networking and Free food with Vegan options! Please RSVP at Eventbrite >>> http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5401299432 so we know how many people will be eating Vegan.
The address is: 920 E. Lake Street (the old Sears Tower), Minneapolis, MN 55407. The Our Power Facebook page is >>> https://www.facebook.com/ourpower.