This page lists many ways that you can help build Our Power. To discuss these further, please call us at (612) 548-1333 or email email@example.com. You can also sign up for or request more information about any of these opportunities on page 5 of the “Take Action Form“
Some things you could do:
- Donate! Just click the link on the side-bar (at right) to donate online, or mail a check addressed to “Grand Aspirations” with “MN Our Power” in the memo to “3100 Longfellow Ave. Minneapolis, MN 55407″. Donations are tax deductible through Grand Aspirations, a non-profit organization.
- Find Work! Job creation through the campaign is still in the growing stages, but based on your skills and interests, there may be coalition partners interested in hiring – contact us. Paid or for-credit internship for youth are available for the summer: please check out our current Summer Internship Program.
- Create a local energy business. If you’re existing or new businesses is seeking to provide quality and locally-relevant energy services, contact us!
- Invest! Opportunities to invest in local energy solutions and get a return are still being developed, but contact us if it is of interest.
- Join an Our Power Team – these volunteer teams are helping grow Our power:
- Advisory Board – representative guiding body directs the campaign from a high level – meets every three months
- Community Energy Plan Team – reviews, refines, and revises the community energy plan that Our Power is working to advance and implement with guidance from the Advisory Board
- Campaign Coordination Team – small, regular, high-work-load group does management and oversight of Outreach Team, Service Provider Team, project groups, and other day-to-day campaign activity
- Outreach Team – large group – great place for infrequent volunteers – does door-knocking, tabling, community meetings, and other forms of outreach to engage people in the campaign
- Service Provider Team – small focused group with energy expertise – builds and manages relationships with non-profit, public, and for-profit providers of energy services
- Workforce/ Community Benefit Agreement Team – small focused group with economic development expertise – works to ensure that job creation and business opportunities generated through Our Power provide opportunities for local people
- Investment Team – small focused group with financial expertise – develops methods and strategies for securing investment in Our Power projects, including community investment opportunities
- Project Teams – focused teams of community members and service providers focused on specific community energy projects. Current project teams include one focused on energy-saving workshops for non-English speakers in East Phillips, a business efficiency project for Latino-owned businesses, an insulation bulk buying project, and a cooperative solar project. New project teams can be started based on interest.